If you are a parent or carer of a child with special educational needs, or a young person 16-25 years old, an IPS can:
- help you through the maze of education and health and social care where it is linked to education
- help you to be fully involved as a partner in your or your child’s education
- listen to your concerns and help you to express your views
- help you to access relevant and up-to-date information
- explain about needs assessments, statements and Education, Health and Care Plans
- explain procedures and choices
- help you to fill in forms, write letters and reports
- go with you to meetings.
Norfolk SEND Partnership has a team of Independent Partnership Supporters.
- are volunteers
- have initial Gateway Assured training
- have ongoing training and support from the Norfolk SEND Partnership team.
If you would like to talk about getting support from one of our volunteers contact:
Norfolk SEND Partnership office on: 01603 704070
Please also view our booklet on Independent Partnership Supporter Training.