What if I have a concern about my child’s progress?

  • Meet with your child’s teacher to discuss your concerns
  • Ask to meet with the Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO) who is the teacher at your setting responsible for SEN
  • You can talk to your child’s Head of Year or the Head Teacher
  • You can contact the Governor who has responsibility for special educational needs (SEN) in school. You can do this by contacting the School Secretary.
  • You can look at the SEN Information Report available on the settings website

Before talking to anyone it is helpful to think about what you want to say and ask. Making some notes will help you remember. See our notes page in back of booklet.

Norfolk SEND Partnership has produced some booklets about helping children in school, pre-school, nursery and playgroup. These are all available to download and read online in our booklets section or you can call us for a hard copy